Only if you have not done so already: To continue receiving plan and rate updates, please click here and fill out the form.
NEW FOR JANUARY 1, 2023!
Mental Health Practitioners – your combined annual maximum is increasing from $850 to $1,500 per person per calendar year
- the calendar year maximum is combined for the services of clinical psychologists, social workers, clinical counsellors, marriage/family therapists and psychotherapists
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Equipment and Insulin Pumps – currently these benefits have a combined maximum of $1,000 per person every five years. Separate maximums will be implemented as follows:
- CPAP equipment – $1,000 maximum per person every five years
- Insulin pumps – $1,000 maximum per person every five years
Extended Health and Dental Plans for School Division Retirees (not applicable to WANTE retirees):
The Manitoba Public School Employees (MPSE) Retiree Plans cover a broad range of Health and Dental services to protect you and your dependents. Dental coverage is optional if you are enrolling in the retiree Health plan. There is no Vision coverage for lenses/frames in retirement.
You are eligible to apply for coverage under this plan if you are at least age 50 and were employed for at least 5 consecutive years in a public school division immediately prior to retirement (casual employment not included).
You must apply within 90 days of retiring (even if you weren’t participating in an active MPSE plan before retirement), or within 90 days from the end of your active coverage. Late applications will not be accepted.
A retiree can also apply for coverage within 90 days following the loss of alternate employer-administered group coverage (if the retiree can provide documentation confirming the date the other coverage was lost).
The application can be accessed below and should be sent directly to the email address or fax number on the form. Coverage starts the first of the month following the date your application is received. Blue Cross will collect the monthly deposit rates from your bank account on the first of each month.
Current monthly rates remain in effect for September 1, 2022 as follows:
- If you participated in an active MPSE Health plan immediately prior to retirement:
- $112.00 single / $224.00 family
- If you were not participating in an active MPSE Health plan immediately prior to retirement (or you are applying more than 90 days after retirement but within 90 days of losing alternate employer-administered group Health coverage):
- $119.50 single / $239.00 family
- If you participated in an active MPSE Dental plan immediately prior to retirement:
- $52.00 single / $121.00 family
- If you were not participating in an active MPSE Dental plan immediately prior to retirement (or you are applying more than 90 days after retirement but within 90 days of losing alternate employer-administered group Dental coverage):
- $59.50 single / $136.00 family
For details of your coverage, please click on the applicable link below:
- Retiree Health/Dental Plan – Booklet
- English / French
- Retiree Health/Dental Plan – Application (also under Forms)
If you joined the Retiree Health Plan prior to January 1, 2008, Travel Health coverage was optional so it may not be included in your plan. Your Blue Cross ID card will tell you if you have Travel Coverage. If you cannot locate your card you can print a new one on the Blue Cross website.